I have seen many people wanting to change their Epic Games display name, so I thought I would share a tip for those who want to know how to change it. I will list some reasons for changing your Epic Games display name and how actually to change.
There are some reasons:
- People who want to change their Epic Games display name is that they have been banned from playing Fortnite;
- People want to start over or use a different name for their Epic Games account.
Here is step by step instruction of changing Epic Games display name:
- Go to Fortnite and click on the drop-down menu in the top left corner. From there, click on "Login." A new window should pop up that says "Login To Fortnite." Enter your username and password, and then click on "Sign In."
- Once you have successfully signed in, click on "Account." You should see a window that says "My Account." Click on the link that says "Edit Account Settings."
- Then, click on "Change Username." A window will pop up that will ask you to type in the new name you want to use in place of your old name.
- After typing in your new username, click on "Change Username." You will be asked to enter your password again.
- After entering your password, click on "Change Username," and you will see a confirmation message that says, "Success! Your password has been updated."
Your Display Name is Used in Hundreds of Games
Although "Fortnite" is the most popular game from the publisher Epic Games, however, they have hundreds of other games that use your display name as well.
While sighing up for your Epic Games account, you choose your display name. This is the way of your identification in the games and on other Epic platforms.
You can change your name in Epic Games. However, you can only do this every two weeks.